This simple raw crunchy snack is great with dips or alone. I have several variations I include below. The quantity varies depending on the size of your zucchinis. You will need a dehydrator for this or an oven in which you can keep the temperature very low.
- 4-10 zucchini depending on size, sliced thinly into rounds, experiment with various sizes to find what you like best.
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 Tablespoons unrefined Olive oil or melted coconut oil, enough to lightly coat but not saturate zucchini.
Variation:Gut repair friendly
- 1 Tablespoon Curry powder sprinkled all over zucchini
- Or 1 Tablespoon Rosemary, Thyme or any other herb you fancy
- Or 2 Tablespoons coconut aminos or more to taste depending on the quantity of zucchini you use
1. Slice zucchini and put into a large deep bowl.
2. Add oil and herbs of your liking and mix well, coating the zucchini but not drenching them.
3. Lay on dehydrator tray, side by side. Dehydrate on 108 degrees for about 12-24 hours. Times will vary depending on how much oil you use and the climate you live in. If your chips aren’t crunchy keep dehydrating them, you won’t hurt them. They will crunch up a little bit more when they cool from the dehydrator.
Enjoy with raw pesto, hearts of palm dip, or artichoke dip!