- 2 cups raw almonds (soaked and dehydrated is best) Change nuts to pecans, cashews, wild jungle peanuts or walnuts.
- 1 cup raw Brazil nuts (soaked and dehydrated is best) Again, play with nut combinations: Use Cashews with almonds and Brazil nuts
- ½ cup chia seed meal (can also substitute flax meal)
- ½ cup raw pecan nut butter (almond, sunflower, cashew are all great!)
- ½ cup soaked goji berries or inca-golden berries (aka gooseberries- tart and sweet) or dried cherries or raisins
- Raw Cashew nut butter (to spread on top of the bars) My favorite brand is Artisana
- ½ tsp pink sea salt
- ½ cup coconut butter (Can increase coconut oil to ½ cup if you don’t have this but it’s yummy) Artisana brand
- ¼ cup coconut oil (Tropical Traditions brand or Nutivia or something organic)
- 3 tbsp monk fruit (no glycemic index) or coconut syrup (small glycemic index) or honey (high glycemic index) (although I don’t use any but if you have a sweet tooth, this can help)
- 10 drops stevia (optional)
- 1 tbsp raw vanilla powder or extract
- Cacao paste or cacao powder or Carob powder (melted and mixed with a few Tbsp of coconut oil and coconut butter and then blended in food process or make it like butter cream frosting for the top of the bars)
- OR if it’s very hot outside then I make my own carob chips and mix those in rather than adding a layer to the top
¼ – ½ cup beef protein or collagen, or Pure Pea protein by Designs for Health or other protein powder of your liking.
Herbs (add in with nuts in food processor): 1 Tbsp Maca powder – toasted, not raw….. the raw form is not digestible. This herb must be cooked to release it’s adaptogenic properties – adrenal, libido, muscle recovery support 1 tsp Ashwaghanda- hormone/endocrine regulator, female tonic 1 tsp Macuna-dopamine enhancer, 1 Tbsp wheat grass powder 1 tsp chlorella – great whole food and detoxifier especially for heavy metals. 1 Tbsp Vitamineral Green by Healthforce nutritionals 1 Tbsp Fruits of the Earth by Healthforce nutritionals (more fruity taste) 1-2 capsules of Maitake opened up and sprinkled in with the nuts – great for immune function. Taste and add more honey if necessary if it becomes too herby or green tasting.
Using a food processor process Brazil nuts, almonds, chia seed meal, nut butter, optional protein powder and salt.
Melt coconut butter and coconut oil. Take off stove and add honey and vanilla, stir well. Then combine this liquid with ground nuts in food processor and process. You can now add any fruit you’d like or wait and press it into the top.
Next press the mixture into a baking dish about 8×8 inches or slightly smaller. Refrigerate for about 1 hour. Next melt gluten free chocolate chips or raw cacao paste and cacao butter (add honey after it’s melted – only if using pure cacao paste) or Carob powder with a few Tbsp coconut oil and coconut butter then food process it, add 1 Tbsp vanilla powder as well, on low heat. Then spread over the hardened bars and place in refrigerator for another 30 minutes or until hard.
After the nut bottom has hardened add a layer of raw cashew butter and chill again for 30 minutes, then add melted cacao/chocolate/carob on top of that and refrigerate for another hour. Remove from fridge, cut and serve Or cut and wrap individually for a snack on the go!