Keto, Paleo, Vegan friendly
Are you looking for a smoothie that is quick, easy, and nutritious? Then this is for you! It’s simple so there is plenty of room for you to get creative. You can substitute other keto-friendly berries such as blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries as well, but the strawberries are the sweetest. You can play with different kinds of milk substitutes such as almond, full fat coconut milk, or hemp milk. Feel free to add your favorite collagen or hydrolyzed protein powder or keep it vegan. I often don’t add a sweetener, but I understand some people have a sweet tooth so I’ve listed my top keto-friendly favorites below. The recipe below makes enough for two adults.
- 1 large avocado, or 2 smaller ones. You can always add more! Cut in half lengthwise, remove pit, and scoop out into blender.
- 1 ½ cups alternative milk such as almond or a can of full fat coconut milk. Use unsweetened and regular or vanilla flavored. You can add more if it’s too thick for your liking.
- 1 pound frozen organic strawberries or other berry.
- 2-3 Tablespoons BochaSweet as a sweetener or stevia drops (vanilla flavor) to taste or monk fruit
- For a creamier option you can swap out half of the milk substitute with coconut cream.
- Maca: 2 teaspoons an adaptogenic herb good for your adrenals
- 1 scoop collagen of your choice, I prefer unflavored
- 1 scooop hydrolized beef protein powder (unflavored or vanilla)
Combine all ingredients in a blender, starting with the alternative milk of your choice, and puree.