Preparation time- 5 minutes
- 2 cups milk alternative-I prefer the thick, full fat can of coconut milk ( after gut repair you can also use almond, brazil nut, hemp)
- 2 heaping teaspoon of gluten free organic cacao powder or a chocolate substitute like toasted carob powder
- 2 dashes of cinnamon
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon of raw vanilla bean powder, or scrape the inside of a vanilla bean or add vanilla extract
- 1 drop peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops stevia- or to taste (I like Sweet Leaf brand vanilla cream flavor) or Monk Fruit to taste
- Optional: Kudzu root as a healthy alternative thickener. It is great for digestion! Mix 1 heaping teaspoon into 1 Tbsp of water to dissolve, then add to the milk alternative and stir well for about 4 minutes on high temperature, see below.
1. Heat milk alternative on the stove and add optional kudzu root (already dissolved in water), heat to high and stir well for 4 full minutes. If it starts to boil then decrease the temp slightly and keep stirring. If you aren’t using kudzu root then heat the milk and move to the final step.
2. Next, add all other ingredients and either whisk until blended or use a hand blender to mix all the ingredients. I find that a hand blender helps the carob integrate with the milk better than a wisk.
Serve warm, add a dollop of coconut cream if you desire and sprinkle with cinnamon. Enjoy!