2 duck breasts (if you roast the whole duck simply double your spices)
1 Tbsp cinnamon dash of nutmeg
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 star anise1
½ tsp ginger powdered
¼ tsp clove powdered
1 tsp ground lemon peel either dried or fresh zest (you may also use orange)
1 Tbsp ground fennel seed
3 Tbsp avocado or coconut oil or duck fat or ghee- add more as needed
¼ cup stock- if you need more liquid for the sauce- depends on quantity of duck you are preparing
Dash of cayenne, but only after you’ve done comprehensive gut repair for at least 2 months
1. Preheat oven 375 degrees F.
2. Grind the fennel seeds and star anise in a mortar and pestle- until powdered
3. Score the duck breast two or three times
4. Mix all the spices, the stock, and the oil toget her and coat the duck, fill the scored areas with the sauce. Allow to sit for 1 hour and marinade.
5. Bake duck, covered, for 1 hour or until done. (I’m at high elevation so my cooking time varies slightly) The duck should be tender.
Serve on freshly steamed bok choy or other greens of your liking, with a twist of lemon