Enjoy a lovely holiday breakfast without the gluten or guilt. If you’re gluten-free like me, or considering getting off gluten, you may believe you have to “give-up” all the holiday foods you enjoy. Nope, I’m going to make it easy on you. I suggest having these delicious crepes with a side of turkey sausage. Vegans could fill them with cashew nut butter and berries as well.
Gluten Free, Tapioca Crêpes
(makes about 5)
- 1 cup Tapioca Flour (or “Starch”– same thing)
- 1 cup Organic Coconut Milk (Native Forest cans contain no BPA)
- 1 Pasture Raised Egg Or egg replace, or 2 Tablespoons water or applesauce, or ground chia seeds also works well.
1. Mix all the ingredients well in a bowl.
2. Heat up a non-stick pan on medium until a drop of water sizzles in it.
3. Pour in about 1/3 cup of the mixture and tilt the pan in all directions to spread out batter to desired thickness.
4. Cook both sides until very lightly brown (2-3 minutes on each side).
5. Add salt and any other herbs (sweet or savory), or role with fruit or melt a little coconut butter on it.