- 4 chicken breasts or 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (unless you love the skin, then keep it) – baked either whole or cube meat
Roasted Broccoli and Zucchini
- 4 cups broccoli florets loosely measured, about 10 oz
- 4 cups zucchini
- 1/2 tablespoon grapeseed oil, avocado oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasonings
Optional ( not gut repair friendly, use after
- 2-4 months of gut repair) 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk or after 2-4 months of gut repair use Almond or Brazil nut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice less if you don’t want a dominant lemon flavor
- 1 head cauliflower chopped into florets, about 2 heaping cups
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- On the baking sheet, combine broccoli, 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, Italian seasoning, and a pinch of salt, and toss to combine. Spread the broccoli and zucchini in a single layer.
- Roast broccoli and zucchini stirring halfway through, for 15 minutes or until broccoli and zucchini is crisp-tender and beginning to lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and set aside. Optional- Stir fry mushrooms separately and add at the end.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Once hot, add in 1 tablespoon olive oil and garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Slowly whisk in coconut milk, vegetable broth, and lemon juice and bring it to a simmer.
- Once simmering, add in chopped cauliflower and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer the cauliflower for about 7-10 minutes, or until the cauliflower is soft.
- Remove from the heat and carefully pour the mixture into your high powdered blender.
- Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over broccoli, zucchini and chicken, serve warm
The sauce does dry out as time goes by, which is why I made extra sauce for this recipe. Add more sauce as you see fit!