Ketogenic diets require healthy fats. This snack is loaded with incredible brain, skin, hair, and eye support. Avocados are full of wonderful enzymes and rich in healthy fats. Cilantro is an incredible herb and helps you naturally detoxify from heavy metals, especially mercury. In TCM, limes sourness supports liver function while aiding in alkalizing your body. They also assist in the digestion of fats. Radishes promote digestion and therefore can help alleviate abdominal distention due to sluggish digestion. They support overall detoxification and can help cool hot lung conditions such as cough with yellow mucus. Garlic is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral. Garlic is excellent for treating symptoms of bronchitis, which is most commonly a viral infection, as well as urinary tract infections. Raw garlic is best.You can choose the creamy or from the two chunky variations below. You may serve in a large bowl or save the avocado half shells, fill with guacamole and serve this way.
- 6 Avocados cut in half, pits removed and save the peel shells, use to serve the guacamole in if you please
- 2-3 cloves garlic diced (or to taste)
- 2 green onions diced
- ½ cup diced cilantro (or to taste)
- 1-2 limes (juiced) (or to taste)
- 1-2 red radishes
- Sea Salt (and optional Pepper) to taste
Options (not for gut repair)
- 1-2 tomatoes chopped (use in the guacamole or as a top garnish)
- ½ cup pureed macadamia nuts (use about 1 cup macadamia nuts and ¼ cup water and blend in food processor. Add more water, if necessary, until it is thick and creamy)
- Dash of cayenne or a diced jalapeno pepper or Serrano chile. Remove seeds for less kick, or retain them for more!
- Jalapeno, or other hot pepper of your liking
Preparation — Creamy and Smooth:
Place all avocados in food processor with all other ingredients (omit tomatoes) and blend. Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve later. If you aren’t serving right away make sure to save some of the avocado pits and place this in the guacamole. It will help it not turn brown as quickly.
Preparation — Chunky:
Place 4 avocados in food processor along with garlic, onions, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Blend until mostly smooth and pour and scrape into a serving dish. Pit, Peel and cube the other 2 avocados, chop tomatoes and gently stir in. Serve immediately or fridge for later.
You may also keep the entire dish completely chunky. Simply chop all ingredients to bite sized, dice the garlic, add salt, pepper and lime juice, stir well, spoon into avocado shells and serve.
Both can be garnished with sprigs of cilantro, diced cilantro, tomato chunks and a wedge of lime.
Serve with veggies, raw seed crackers, sweet potato chips or raw kale chips! The sky’s the limit!