- 3 Large zucchini (This is easily increased to serve more people- approximately two boats per person)
- 1 Lb ground meat or chicken (I prefer fatty beef or buffalo for this)
- ¼ Cup chopped black and or green olives of your choice
- ½ Large jar of marinated Jerusalem artichoke hearts, cut in quarters ¼ Cup shredded carrots
- 1 Small yellow onion chopped and sauteed
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped and sauteed with the onion
- 1 Tbsp or more to taste Oregano
- 2-3 Tbsp fresh basil or more to taste, chiffinade style3 Tbsp oil- avocado, grapeseed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Sea Salt to taste
Optional (Not gut repair friendly for the first two months)
- ½ cup mushrooms sauteed with onions
- ½ red pepper
- ½ can diced, Italian spiced tomatoes
- Cashew cheeze
- Dayia Alternative mozzarella cheeze (contains tapioca)
1. Sautee ground meat until done. Set aside.
2. Chop onions and garlic and sautee in avocado or grapeseed oil
3. Quarter Jerusalem artichokes and chop olives
4. Shred carrots and chiffinade the basil
5. Combine all ingredients, including the meat, veggies, 2 Tbsp avocado oil, oregano and basil, but waiton the olive oil.
6. Stir well.
7. See Zucchini prep below. After they are prepared you may fill them with the mixture.
8. Bake covered for 30 minutes or until tender, uncover and broil for a few minutes to brown the tops
- Cut each zucchini in half long-ways. Next take a spoon and gentle run in the middle, scooping out the center (where the seeds are located). Be careful not to scoop the spoon too deep as you’ll break the skin of the zucchini. The goal is to create a hollow space to put your fillings in.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a lined and greased (with avocado oil) baking sheet, place prepped zucchini halves, hallowed part facing up. Next, stuff each zucchini boat with your desired fillings (see above #7 and #8)
Enjoy immediately with an extra drizzle of olive oil, or store in the fridge and reheat via toaster oven orconventional oven.