I live in Costa Rica and my banana tree just produced a huge bunch of bananas so I had to get creative. This no-added-sugar ice cream is perfect for a warm summer day. You can top it with whatever you love, I chose cinnamon. This is a large single serving, so make more if you have friends coming over. Wait until the last minute to blend the banana, it melts quickly and if you re-freeze it, it won’t be the same. You can easily just blend it again to get it back to “soft-serve” style.
- 2 frozen bananas, peel prior to freezing and store in a freezer ziplock or glass container
- A dash of raw powdered vanilla
- 2 dashes of cinnamon
- Drizzle of melted chocolate (see below)
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts like almonds, walnuts, or pecans.
- Non-Vegan: you may enjoy adding a scoop of your favorite unflavored collagen powder. It’s great for your hair, skin, and muscles and will help slow down the sugar rush from the bananas. Add it to the blender with the frozen bananas
- Rather than drizzling chocolate, you can add cacao powder to the frozen banana in the food processor and presto-chocolate banana soft serve ice cream. Add 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon or to taste.
Chocolate Sauce Instructions:
- Melt 2 tablespoons of cacao butter or coconut oil
- Add 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder (you can also use cacao paste if you have it) and mix well. You can add more to taste. I prefer mine stronger than I’m sharing with you.
- Add a few drops of stevia or monk fruit to taste or 2 teaspoons monk fruit powder (I prefer 100% monk rather than mixed with xylitol or erythritol) If you need more add it slowly
- Allow to cool a bit or it will instantly melt your ice cream
- Drizzle and serve, fresh berries are a nice addition
Soft Serve Instructions:
- Add frozen bananas in a food processor, with the regular blade
- Add dash of optional raw vanilla powder or cinnamon
- Pulse and blend, until smooth and creamy, like soft serve ice cream